Directorate-General for Defence Industry and Space
The Directorate-General for Defence Industry and Space (DG DEFIS) is a department of the European Commission.
The directorate, established in January 2021, leads the European Commission's activities in the Defence Industry and Space sector. Some of its tasks were transferred from the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW).
In the area of Defence Industry, DEFIS is in charge of upholding the competitiveness and innovation of the European Defence industry by ensuring the evolution of an able European defence technological and industrial base.
In the area of Space DG DEFIS is in charge of implementing the EU Space programme consisting of the European Earth Observation Programme (Copernicus), the European Global Navigation Satellite System (Galileo) and the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS). 
- European Commissioner for Internal Market
- High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
- European Union Agency for the Space Programme
- European Space Agency (non-EU body)
- Common Security and Defence Policy
- ^ "Defence Industry and Space". European Commission - European Commission. Retrieved 2021-05-03.
- Directorate-General for Defence Industry and Space
- Press release, Europa
- Information, Europa